Thursday, July 2, 2009

Forever and a day

WOW its been forever and a day! We are in our new place! painted cleaned top to bottom and pretty much settled. whew big sigh of relief. We feel very comfortable here and it already feels like home!!! The kitchen is light yellow with red accents and the living room is a soft beige on 2 walls and gorgeous blue on the other two walls. Bathroom is gray simply because the existing tiles were black and gray. All accents are teel, brown, white and black. Quite sharp looking! I am currently making white nearly sheer curtains for the bathroom. I've never had a window in my bathroom before nor the kitchen for that matter, I am loving the light in my new home! Its so bright and that makes it feel very spacious, yet lived in and homey. Friends gave me a big chalk board and I have painted the trim deep red...delicious juicy apple red. The bedroom is the same beige we used in the living room (cost effective and a very nice rich color) am currently looking for a divine sage color material to make curtains for that room. My search for fabric does not stop there either. I am in desperate need (ok want) of a white and red damask print for my kitchen window...nothing to heavy though. Light and airy tra la la is much nicer.

The baby progress is very fun for me and hubby!!! I am just 11 weeks and still feeling very tired and nauseated. That is my excuse for not blogging lately, that and the move of course. My belly has popped and I've already had to go shopping for maternity clothes! I love 2nd hand and vintage shopping as it is, so it has been fun treasure hunting for a different sort of fashion.

Mom's dollhouse is nearly complete and looking adorable! She has moved on to the inside decor and is coming up with all sorts of creative ways to make her own furniture, carpets and kitchen appliances!!! I owe and thank her for my creative gene, thanks mom!
ta ta for now.
happy belated Canada Day hoped all you Canadians enjoyed you day yesterday!!!
Stay tuned for belly photos and new curtain photos :D so excited!!!

1 comment:

KnockKnocking said...

Wow, I love that dollhouse!!