Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baaaaad Cold gooood stoup!

Well I'm blogging on the couch on a borrowed laptop. Ahhhhhh the freedom!!! I know how long overdue this update is...bad blogger slap my wrist would ya! I have had a super bad cold and been doing nothing but watching movies. As nice and relaxing as that sounds, come on think about it, you know how much it sucks to be sick! I made a really yummy hopefully healer of a stoup this week. I think it was Rachel Ray that coined the phrase stoup, not quite soup, not quite stew.
Here it is with very rough quantities. Just use what you have on hand, you really can't go wrong with this one.

Big Big pot.
Saute 1/2 a large onion & 2 cloves of garlic in a bit-o-extra virgin olive oil.
add a while green pepper
1/2 package of veggie ground ("turkey" or tofurkey if you like that term better :)
a couple big carrots
1/2 a small-ish cabbabe
2 cans diced tomatoe
italian seasoning
couple squirts hot sauce
after simmering for a couple hours (or longer) add some egg noodles simmer another 10 min or so and remove from heat.
Freezes really nicely for lunches! mmmmmmmmm

No comments: