Monday, April 27, 2009

New vigor for being Vegetarian

Sunday did it, I have more enthusiasm for being a veggie than ever! A few people claimed I wouldn't stick to it or "you need meat" Nope nope you don't! Before you read further please know this is MY blog, MY diary, MY opinion, MY point of view. This entry is not meant to offend or sound preachy in any way. It is simply how I look at things and what is right for, yup... ME.

My visit to farmer John's farm was delightful! Cute little lambs their fleece as white as snow...well dirty poopy snow. They are animals afterall, of course they are poopy! I love them all the same. Some think me weepy, some may agree but I cann
ot even think of putting one on my plate! What the hell would mary think!!!

The small time we spent on the windy, Masson Meadow farm we were surrounded by bleating, hopping, ba-aa-ing little lambs and protective mother sheep. Two lamas, and I can't forget Lily the sheep dog (more of a friendly people dog though)
One lamb was just born the morning of or day before our visit!!! Say it with me...aaaw
www.
I am not vegan and have only been vegetarian for nearly a year, and am amazed at how easy it is and why I didn't do this years ago. I was NEVER a big meat eater and now that I have cut it out all together it seems the perfect fit! A vegan lifestyle is something I greatly respect, but do not feel ready for at this point in my life. All the man made "replacements" scare me a little bit too much. My only wish is that all the little animals can have a happy frolicky life while we take their eggs/milk/wool and such. I'd be happy to give them something of mine they might like...shelter/grain/attention and love. On that note here is a vegetarian recipe for you to try :)
That's just me

Broccoli Soup

Preparation:

In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onions and potatoes, stirring often, until onions are softened, about 10 minutes. Add stock, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Add broccoli pieces; cover and cook for 5 minutes.

In food processor or blender, pur?soup until smooth. Return to pan; stir in evaporated milk and heat through. Serve sprinkled with chives.

2 comments:

Meghann said...

LOL my mouth is watering from that recipe! I am also vegetarian. I was vegan for a while, but I have a major weakness for goat's cheese - sorry goats! Go veggies go!

Thats Pretty said...

Nice to meet you Meghann the vegetarian! Go veggies go indeed!!