Sunday, March 1, 2009

Content Sunday





Today has been a wonderful day so far, so much so that I needed to write about it!
I woke up around 7:30 with the sun in my window! :) Good start, then coffee, second good thing mmmmmmmm coffee. Third good thing, head phones!!!!!!!! I rocked out to The Black Keys, New Chris Cornell and then a Pearl Jam Best of. All the while doing what I love, yup you guessed it, crafting. A little Craft Dinner for lunch... ok I ate Kraft Dinner. Then back to crafting. Hubby is in a video game frenzy so I'm happy to be occupied.

I've discovered that I love doing repairs for people. When you have a piece of jewellery that has been previously loved by yourself or friend, or relative, it's hard to let these pieces go. I have a few items that have lost luster, broken or simply need spiffing up. So I try to breath new life into vintage pieces. Of course some are left too long, and I am simply not qualified to handle the worst of the worst restoration projects. Someone gave old pearls to me that were on a rusty wire bracelet contraption. The rust was inside the pearl holes and impossible for me to get out. I managed to salvage a few pearls and make a pair of earrings but, was disapointed that I couldn't help more.
If you have a necklace, bracelet, earrings etc. that need a little TLC don't let them get beyond simple repair. Get in touch with someone like myself who can help!!!!!!!!!! There is sentimental value in the cheapest necklaces that have been around for a long time, some CAN be turned into heirlooms! Picture below is a recent repair for a friend... before tarnished and brittle. Now sterling silver, shiny, and fabulous!

No comments: